AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best walk beind self proplled FRONT wheel drive lawn mower?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KnowAFarmer
Posted 4/27/2015 11:56 (#4540658 - in reply to #4540434)
Subject: RE: Best walk beind self proplled FRONT wheel drive lawn mower?

SE Nebraska
Our Toro is JUNK too. Personal pace drive is a joke. The replacement wheels are $40 each. They have a little sprag clutch deal with a key and a spring. They say you are supposed to take the wheels apart every year and clean and oil them. First self propelled mower I've had that you had to do that.

I took ours apart a couple of years ago and all of the centers of the wheels were broke. Ordered new ones. Found out that they put 2 short bushings in each wheel instead of a single long one. They break right between the bushings. I found some longer bushings at the bearing store and put them in the brand new wheels before I put them on. At least they aren't broke, yet.

The Tecumseh engine on ours has a plastic gear on the flywheel and the starter never did engage in it correctly. Had it in the shop once under warranty, and it worked marginally better. Now I think the battery is shot, because it won't turn the engine over at all.

I have looked at the new ones, and they don't seem to build them any better. I wouldn't buy another one. I like the paced drive concept, but they are just not built heavy enough.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)