AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

blacklander
Posted 4/19/2015 15:48 (#4525218 - in reply to #4523756)
Subject: RE: What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there

Central Texas
Ok, let's outlaw GMOs. We'll go back to insecticide boxes on planters filled with stuff that has skull and crossbones on the bags. I'll go back to spraying my cotton every 7 days, sometimes with a plane because it's too wet to ground rig it. I'll go back to spraying for weeds with stuff that you have to have hazmat suits on when you mix it. I'm sure the consumer will be feeling all warm and fuzzy about that, right? If we're going to worry about every crackpot on the internet or TV complaining about every practice we use in farming then we may as well sell out and do something else. I'm sick of hearing all this negativity about the way we farm now. I know my Dad and Grandpa used stuff that was a whole lot more deadly than what we are using and it didn't seem to make much difference to the consumer then. Of course, the consumer didn't have Facebook to complain on, or a Food Babe to tell them how deadly their food was. We are never going to please everyone out there, if we keep trying to all we are going to end up doing is put ourselves out of business. If we can't use the tools that are safe and affordable, then we are doomed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)