AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lowboys and tenders parked on the road
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DC4020
Posted 4/18/2015 21:06 (#4523715 - in reply to #4523014)
Subject: RE: Lowboys and tenders parked on the road

Central Ga
I have a neighbor who used to load hay in the state highway. He would park his semi in the west bound lane and load in the east bound lane. He said he did not want to pull off the highway into the hay field because he would tear up too much grass. I nearly hit him one night during harvest season a few years ago. He had been picking peanuts and had a 21 ft. fifth wheel peanut wagon with nothing hooked to it just sitting in the north bound lane of a busy paved county road. He had the tractor and combine in the south bound lane loading the wagon. He did have good lights on the tractor, but as I was approaching I thought I was simply meeting them taking the tractor in for the evening and nearly hit the wagon they were loading. He has always lived on the edge. If I pulled a stunt like these someone else would probably own my farm. I almost forgot I have even seen him walk a half circle center pivot out into the same state highway so he could cut the hay under the pivot. For some reason which I do not remember he said it worked better for him to walk the pivot out in the highway instead of walking it out into the field..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)