AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the proper vac reading when using 20/20.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 4/18/2015 19:43 (#4523520 - in reply to #4523462)
Subject: RE: What is the proper vac reading when using 20/20.....

Morris, IL
You have STMM this year right, if so you will set vacuum different every number. Good to know what's heading our way, we just did 10 acres, got all the bugs out of planter and sprayer. Little scared to plant much with this forecast but i see they are now taking some of it out. Still few cold nights ahead of us but we will get 48 hours of warm moisture so we'll see how it works out.

I will have to double check the bag in the shed now, we easily could have different lot numbers, i remember moving them around but the older generation loaded the planter. He sure didn't complain much which means sub 45-50, haha.

Oh yeah i did little testing of the STMM doubles and spacing settings we talked about while back, set it as close to your population will be best results, it seemed when i lowered them spacing went to crap fast. Set as close to population would be great standard to have across all fields. I have a chart made out of for population every 700-1000 seeds per acre and i will update when i change population. Seems Agleader really should get with the program and have that be automatic based on actual or set population.

Edited by NEILFarmer 4/18/2015 19:50

(IMG_0111.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0111.jpg (376KB - 126 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)