AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kohler engine help PLEASE!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

shoptek
Posted 9/2/2008 12:48 (#449526 - in reply to #449454)
Subject: RE: Kohler engine help PLEASE!

NW IOWA
I had a John Deere with a Kawasaki engine that would do the same thing. John Deere worked on it a couple of times and even gave it a complete tune up. It would run great then all of asudden it would do just like you said. I did every thing to it. John Deere finally told me to replace the carb and that should fix it $$$$$$$. We took the fuel line off the carb and put a bottle on it so we could eliminate any tank or line problems. It would still do it. I took the carb off three times to no avail. Finally I said to H--L with it and I took the carb off one more time. I took the needle seat out of the bowl and took air pressure and blew backwards with a rag over the outlet and guess what a small chunk of rubber from the fuel line was up by the needle seat . Iput it back together and it's run perfect ever since. I talked to the local college small engine instructor and he said always cut 1/2 inch of gas line off when you change fuel filters because when you pull the filter off the gas line it tears up the inside of the line and then when you put a new filter on it pushes the rubber up the line beyond the filter. That is one of the first things they teach their students. The students always say "but then the fuel line will be too short" The instructor always told "then replace the dam line". By the way my problems didn't start until after the JD dealer had done a spring service job?????, Thanks JD
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)