AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trouble with Hobart 190 mig welder bird nesting at feed roll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

fpr2006
Posted 3/31/2015 07:26 (#4487907 - in reply to #4487496)
Subject: RE: trouble with Hobart 190 mig welder bird nesting at feed roll

SW Minnesota
I am having the same problem with a Miller 252. I noticed it first with .030 ss wire. It has always been tougher to weld with than regular steel. I first blamed it on a new brand of stainless wire. It was a smaller roll that i bought to try out. I used it up and went back to .035 reg steel.( I did change the rolls and tip each time.) When I went back to the mild steel I started to have more trouble with feeding than I have ever had before. The 0.035 is stiffer and has always worked better so I think that it is some thing with the tip. I seems to slightly arcing inside the tip so that it sticks there. The first thing I did was order a new gun from Amazon but 10 ft instead of 15 ft like the old one. (I did this before I went back to the 0.035 wire.) When I started having trouble the .035 I talked to my BIL who has the same welder. I ended up ordering some parts for the old gun also, they will get here before new gun. We think that the problem is in the tip of the gun. the theory is that the tips are sticking out past the nozzle to far and the spatter is making the wire stick in the nozzle first. I think that there is something to this because when the feeding stops the wire seems like the wire is stuck in the tip. I ordered a nozzle that has a 1/8" recess. I also ordered a nozzle adapter, since it seemed like the parts aren't screwing together as tight and short as they used to so the tip sticks out. I will post again if any of this helps. Please let us know if you get any thing figured out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)