AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ndred
Posted 3/19/2015 14:38 (#4464072 - in reply to #4464046)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

s nd
Now we're not helping the op's questions, and I am guilty. Sit and think about what you disagree with in the church, then compare it to your real life. Seems most of us on here have some rules we live by and wish others would respect when dealing with us. And some of the rules are different than your next door neighbor. You sure are convinced yours is more right than all the others most times.
So your family tradition at christmas is to get together with family and share a good meal and open presents afterward. Well, I marry your daughter and my traditon is to go to church and pick up four big macs on the way home so no one has to cook or clean up, and take a nap before watching a christmas story that evening. Only us. We'll send you a card and maybe see you in a week or two for a short visit with the grandkids and off for home. Now whose tradition got the finger flipped to it?
Would you really want your daughter to abandon most of the things she was brought up with and you were brought up with because someone else said they were unimportant in her new life? Bet you have some thoughts or words with her new family somewhere along the line. You might get compromise, and then you might not. No more birthday cake parties, no more mothers' days. Didn't man make that one up too?
How many on here hate the way our nation's rules have changed the last ten or so years and wish we had the old ones back. Sometimes advancement doesn't always equal out to progress.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)