AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ehoff
Posted 3/18/2015 17:27 (#4461999 - in reply to #4461914)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

Central Missouri
I try to be a disciple of Jesus Christ that attends the Catholic church. I have many friends of all faiths that strive to be disciples and I have many friends of all faiths that are Christians. Being a Christian seems much different than trying to be a disciple as Christians do all kinds of things and have reasons and excusings for all kinds of things under the sun. Being a disciple requires one to act as Jesus acted to everyone and in every circumstance. That is difficult and doesn't allow for excuses. Jesus said to do this:

Jesus replied: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If each catholic parish would put 1/2 the effort into helping each person do the above and if the clergy would model it; a lot of the churches problems would melt away. If the church would put 1/2 the effort into helping each individual develop a personal relationship with Christ as they put into fund raising and building taking care of the problems would melt away. I have decided that I can't do anything about "The Church" but I can do something about myself being a temple of the Holy Spirit and acting as Christ acted to all I encounter.

We should celebrate that there are many different methods to serve one God; 3 persons in one! our creator who loves us, died for us and walks with us each day at each moment if we allow him!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)