AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need furnace with in-floor heat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 3/10/2015 22:31 (#4445716 - in reply to #4443229)
Subject: RE: need furnace with in-floor heat?

We have a 100 + yr old 2 story farm house that has base board hot water heat. We also have central air upstairs & down. Two years ago we remodeled our kitchen & bath and put in electric in floor heat. We considered going with hot water floor heat but a small crawl space made it more difficult & expensive compared to the electric. We really like the floor heat. I know we don't get as cold as you but we did have temps well below 0F this winter. Our hot water heat is settup in zones, with kitchen & bath being a separate zone than the rest of the downstairs. The in floor heat more than kept up with the heat so the hot water heat seldom was on in that zone. In the past those were the teo coldest rooms down stairs but not this winter.

I really like the versatility of the hot water hest. Heat is more even & you can set up multiple zones, each with it's own thermostat. If building a new home I would strongly consider going with in-floor hot water heat. As previously stated, ac would require it's own duct work but IMO that is a smsll inconvenience which I would be willing to make & feel savings in being able to heat different areas of your home as requied would in the long run would offset the extra expense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)