AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying locally??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 3/8/2015 10:31 (#4439538 - in reply to #4439479)
Subject: RE: Buying locally??

That's a bit racist and subjective. It may have happened to you with this one employee, but it's certainly extremely exceptional that a sales person would abandon an on-going sale for a newcomer. And by the same weird reasoning, you could have an American white employee leaving their African-American customer for another white person entering the store.

Buying locally is always about stuff produced locally, like a CSA (community-supported ag) backet of fresh and seasonal vegetables, not refrigerators produced in China. My weekly CSA basket is indeed more expensive, but it's sometimes vegetables I can't find in the organic aisle of the store, some I can't even find in specialized organic stores.

Anyway, I'd rather do my purchase inquiries with Consumer Reports and consumer reviews than asking a biased employee who is paid to sell you what's in the store, not necessarily what's best for you. The days of the brick and mortar stores are over for some, and in transition to the web for the rest. Plus, mortar has a negative carbon balance... ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)