AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flower Gardens and Nursery Tour
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

klemish
Posted 3/7/2015 21:39 (#4438861)
Subject: Flower Gardens and Nursery Tour

NW Iowa
My wife loves to garden and care for plants. When we moved to our current home she did the majority of the landscaping and not just saying this cause she is my wife but her flower beds and gardens are beautiful when in full bloom and somewhat the envy of the neighborhood. I couldn't begin to even tell the varieties she has accumulated over the years and she has moved many plants from her mother when she was alive and has shared many plants with her flower loving and gardening loving sisters.

Every year her sisters and her get together for an annual garden tour. One year was a Wisconsin trip, one year was an Illinois trip, one year was a Eastern Iowa trip, etc,etc. This year my wife is in charge of the tour and is looking for ideas in the SE South Dakota/SW Minnesota area. She has found one good looking area around the Brookings SD area near SDSU, a couple nurserys in the Tracy Mn area. We are located in the Spirit Lake Iowa area and they are willing to travel 2 - 3 hours to get to some locations. This is normally a two - three day tour and they do not need to be home at nights, that is what hotels/motels are for.

Any ideas that come to anyone's mind that I can pass on to her for options? They like locations off the beaten paths if there are such locations. I promise to warn everyone about 4 traveling, flower loving women when the time comes.

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)