AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scanning with Canon MG3122
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2015 07:39 (#4437448 - in reply to #4437271)
Subject: RE: Scanning with Canon MG3122

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Chimel - 3/7/2015 04:02

You should be able to scan wirelessly too:

Built-in Wi-Fi technology allows you to easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house.

But you may need a special Canon software to do so, although it does not mention wireless explicitly.
Or maybe you can't scan wirelessly from the printer-scanner, only from the computers:

For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".

Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3122

I followed your link which is what I did yesterday and went into the questions area. I asked about scanning and got this page:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifuncti...

I asked about scanning which took me to an answer page, I clicked on the first type since I have a Windows machine. This is where I got the impression that a cable is needed. As I stated before I'm fairly sure that I was successful in the past with the wireless arrangement.

Possibly with the correct drivers, the Scan process can be initiated via the Printer App on the computer, I was attempting to do it with SCAN button on the operator panel. This is when I got E31 on the display.

Now that I've installed the Windows Fax/Scanner indicated above I can accomplish scanning through it so I don't need to go the Canon route.

Thanks for reply.

Edited by tedbear 3/7/2015 07:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)