AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Off Topic, John Deere Pedal Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/23/2008 22:47 (#441823 - in reply to #441740)
Subject: RE: LuAnn found it.....& I was an owner/operator!! (pics!!!)

Chebanse, IL.....

EdW, thanks for the link...and the memories.

Photos below show a much younger "Ron..NE ILL..10/48" driving his Tractall w/blade. Actually, the blade was removed in snow photo. The 1st photo would probably be about 1952?? I'm wearing a genuine hand-sewn Korean jacket....compliments of Uncle Don who was serving in Korea at that time. I don't remember actually getting the tractor, but I do remember the blade came at a later time. I remember distinctly going in to the Chebanse train depot to pick it up. We still had daily freight stops back then.

2nd photo shows same tractor. It's the one w/the "Future Farmers" sign. I was riding it in the kiddie parade in the Chebanse Centennial of that year, 1954. My friend in the foreground passed away in 1972. Sadly he didn't make it as a future farmer.

3rd photo shows little brother Larry still riding the tractor in our flood of 1958. Water was probably hard on bearings. Note the engine plate was gone, but we picked up a tool box in back. We thought it was really neat because you could sit on the hood & ride it backwards. For some reason I thought it was then like a road grader. Not sure why I thought that. That's me floating in a tube. Dumb.

I think the tractor eventually got painted green, then perished forever, somehow. Of course, I wish I had it back. I wish for a lot of things that are gone now, some more important than the tractor, some less.

Thanks again EdW. Do you own one now?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)