AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh in for 2/15/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

fishand run
Posted 2/15/2015 15:25 (#4387940 - in reply to #4387073)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh in for 2/15/15*****

Bloomington and Putnam IL
I have been enjoying these weight loss posts and wanted to share some encouragement. I have always been active (I am agronomist so I walk fields all summer, been lifting weights 3 days a week for over 30 years and love fishing my friend's central Illinois cow pastures for small mouth bass whenever I get the chance) and hit 190 pounds at 48 (I'm just 5'9"). My son is a very good 5K runner and I could barely make it across the parking walk to watch him finish a 2012 Turkey Trot due to knee pain (it has been hurting since high school). That day I decided I would try to get in better shape and race him at our Lake Thunderbird 4th of July 5K in 2013. He smoked me but I was able to finish without walking a step (ran a 31 minute race at around 185 pounds). Flash forward to today and I still can't beat my son but have been running under 23 minutes 5Ks for the last 6 months or so, weigh 158 and my knee feels GREAT without the extra weight. In fact just ran 4+ miles in 2 degree wind chills this afternoon. For me the key to getting thin was sweating off my excess weight (my watch said I burned 550 calories in my after church run). Good luck to all!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)