AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mother Deere laying off 910 people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hillskinefarms
Posted 1/24/2015 09:00 (#4334378 - in reply to #4334151)
Subject: RE: Mother Deere laying off 910 people

Northern New York
towman2000 - 1/23/2015 19:24

I would tend to agree with your analysis B&C. You write an excellent perspective on that history. My issue is that the victor writes the history. The banks and financial institutions are now saying that they didn't need the feds help. They had it all under control. We shouldn't have more regulations on the financial industry because they can self regulate.
I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't have let the world go over that cliff.
The rich get richer the poor get poorer.
As to all of us sticking together, that's not how capitalism (or supply and demand) works. The person or company that can produce a product for less cost (it matters not how that cost is kept low) and can get more revenue for the sale is always going to be the winner. The rest is just wrappings. The losers, well they go broke. The losers with a conscience will forever drag themselves through their private hell and the rest will just start up again and either fail or succeed. If they fail, it will be someone or something else at fault. If they succeed it will be because they were smarter and worked hard then the people they climbed over to get there.
You can piss people off. You can treat your workers like scum. Whatever it takes. Just keep the price low and the product flowing and people will bitch and moan as they continue to pay you.

Towman

Good post. I'm glad I live in America where we have capitalism as the alternatives sure don't look very appealing. However, capitalism is nothing more than a race to the bottom, IMO. Whoever does it cheapest wins. Great for the buyer, not so good for the seller. And we end up with more Walmarts every day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)