AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mother Deere laying off 910 people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

fourcubs
Posted 1/24/2015 07:36 (#4334175 - in reply to #4334125)
Subject: RE: Mother Deere laying off 910 people

They only stopped it for now. Look at the last few years. Has there been any real growth. The poison that started the 2008 crisis is still there. The economy was only given morphine to cut the pain (masive quantitative easing). At no time in history has money printing worked for the long term. The problem we have is we don't realize that the event we see in history did not have a short single day or even month event where everyone saw it and said "we are in a depression" these events unfold over years and later you realize we were in a depression. Everyone sees recovery now but what I belive is happening is the massive amounts of printing has to find a spot to sit. Up till now it has been sitting in the large banks earning fractions of a percent return. The big money guys are getting a Little randy now and are tired of low returns. The money is starting to flow out of these banks and into the stock market even though current economic conditions don't warrent the bull market we have seen. The rise in commodities to this point were mainly inflation hedges backed up by poor crop weather. Now you see that dropping as everyone thinks the inflation bug is gone. This is when I start to worry. I admit I have probably been too quick with my thinking but I made the mistake of following the conventional wisdom which as I get older, I realize is almost always wrong. Never underestimate the huberous of the powers that be. they stopped the clearing of 2008 because they knew they would loose power. The market will always win and punish the bad actors and those who think they can manipulate them will in time get their a$$es handed to them. Small correction without manipulation is always less painful. We have not seen an organic correction since 1913 we can't put it off forever. Just hope it does not end in world war. But too often it does as the ones loosing power resort to nationalism and conflict to distract their population. Russia anyone.

Edited by fourcubs 1/24/2015 07:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)