AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help choosing new tillage tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ontrack
Posted 8/9/2008 23:16 (#432014 - in reply to #431717)
Subject: RE: Need help choosing new tillage tool

Southwest Minnesota

Well, I've done exactly what you want to do and I used a 4510 sunflower.  The only difference(which is major in my mind) was that I harvested with a chopping drago corn head and instead of anhydrous knives, I used an attachment on the back of each shank to put the anhydrous down with(they didn't seal the greatest). 

My concern is if you do not have a chopping corn head and you(i'm guessing here) are putting an anhydrous knife on every other shank, that you may have too much trash left on top of the ground.

I had 4 inch concave twisted shovels on every shank and it did an excellent job. 

Yes they pull hard, I would not want to pull a 18 foot wide 4510, as deep as you want to, with a stx 325 unless you have it turned up to about 400hp.

I think the krause dominator would work great, with the anhydrous I'm not sure how that would work.  But if you want to talk about pulling hard, the dominator will pull harder than a 4510(my neighbor has one).  But they do a excellent job of leveling.  I would dare to say, that if you pulled a harrow behind a dominator in a corn following bean situation, that you could plant the corn in the spring without any tillage and be very happy. 

Edited by Ontrack 8/9/2008 23:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)