AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

radiant tube heater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/17/2015 05:59 (#4317604 - in reply to #4317075)
Subject: RE: radiant tube heater

In my opinion your heater is a little on the small side for your shop. I have a 40x60x18 and a 100,000 BTU tube heater. I wanted a 150,000 BTU, thought I was getting that. When contractor came with it I was told I couldn't get a 150,000 one. Well the supplier screwed up, yes I could have gotten one. So we put it up, it works fine for my shop, it is none to hot in there. Just about right if you are working in there. About 40% of shop around the heater is just fine, the other 60% to the side and end of shop is cooler. We had a meeting in the shop the other day and set tables up under it, well I felt about right maybe just a little cool. But the guy sitting next to me complained about burning his head. I love not having to listen to a blower run all the time, it is quiet. I think a person needs to wire a timer into the heat system or put a programmable thermostat so the heater kicks on maybe 2-3 hours before you come into work. What I like to do is park my truck in shop at night, as I leave in the morning is turn heater on, go to coffee, do chores, come back to warmed up shop. Then turn off at night when I park truck back in at night. Some days I don't even turn heat on to work. I can keep it about 50-55 temp. fine for me to work in when heater is on.

After running mine I would say you need the other tube as well. I was told a person should clean dust off tube and shield yearly to help in performance of the heater. I've never cleaned mine(3 years), I was wondering what others thoughts are on that?

Edited by Russ In Idaho 1/17/2015 06:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)