AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clean Burn Waste Oil Furnaces?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 1/14/2015 06:58 (#4310772 - in reply to #4309426)
Subject: RE: Clean Burn Waste Oil Furnaces?

SW OH
Company I work for has has more than ten Clean Burns as well as a few other brands that do not see. There are 3 at the main shop that I keep running as well as one in my own shop at the farm. They are very high maintenance. The 3 at work are ask newer models, but have a lot of hours and run almost 24/7. The 3 at work have on board compressors that run at night and switch off during the day when shop air is on. The on board compressors have plastic vane pumps that are junk, don't last, and cost something like $800. At least once a week the burners have to be swung out and the diffusers cleaned. Every other week the photo electric cells need cleaned. Twice a year the fire boxes are cleaned filling a 10 gallon shop vac more than twice from each furnace, each time. Even with all this, I walk in the shop and about twice a week one of them will be off and need reset. All this cleaning is related to what is in the oil which goes through 5 stages of filtration. They are a major PITA, but when you have more used oil than you know what to do with, it's not so bad. It's like free fuel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)