AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KS Wheat Assessment (tax) Going Up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Matt NCOK
Posted 8/8/2008 00:24 (#430815 - in reply to #430776)
Subject: RE: I can`t belive that we haven`t got flamed?

And I will admit that I am a little jaded towards COOPeratives, alliances, and other non-profit producer orginizations which seem to be of most benefit to the average/below average producer who does the least to fund them. The above average producer is raising, in general, high quality grain which he would have no problem selling with or without assistance from one of these orginizations. He is probably raising above average yields, and therefore funding an above average percentage. He most likely does a good job of controling weeds & disease through rotation and other cultural practices, so the development of herbicide tolerant wheat is of little value to him. Acid tolerance and other such traits are probably of less value because he has managed his fertility correctly. Yet developing solutions to solve problems the below average producer had created for himself often appears to be the goal.

It kinda goes like this, the biggest proponant of the COOP and it treating everyone equally, is the guy who buys six sacks of cubes a week, hauls in a couple thousand bushels of grade 5 wheat, hires the COOP to do his spraying and fertlizing at below cost, then argues about how many acres are really in the field. He is a drain on the buisness, using all services the COOP provides, while doing nothing that is of benefit to the memebers of the cooperative. But he will be the first one in the door to get his cup of free coffee and complain if the COOP doesn't treat everyone equally.

That got a little off topic, but that is the situation from which I draw my opions I do not wish utter demise on any state commision or research program, I do benefit from them. But I wouldn't say I was thrilled with the job they were doing either.

Edited by Matt NCOK 8/8/2008 00:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)