AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KS Wheat Assessment (tax) Going Up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WildcatWillie
Posted 8/7/2008 23:42 (#430776 - in reply to #430765)
Subject: RE: I can`t belive that we haven`t got flamed?

North Central Kansas
Of course there is waste. I'm not going to pretend there isn't. I can say that the KWC is working extremely hard to make sure these investments are used wisely. And I think there are some fascinating new ideas coming down the pike - ideas that have piqued the interest of major ag businesses and farmers in the area. You'll be hearing more about those in the future. I assure you, these will be projects that are way "outside the box." As far as the innovative producers goes, no doubt the innovative ones are probably doing their own research. Can't argue with you there - but sometimes research needs to be done to educate the non-innovators, too, and bring them up to speed.

In the meantime, there is a lot of work that the KWC is doing to sustain international interest in U.S. wheat, continue to fund research projects and to educate and promote wheat-based foods to the U.S. consumer. As you can imagine, in this time of high food prices, this last task is a major job.

As I said in my previous post, I'm jaded in the fact that I have a personal interest in the Kansas Wheat Commission. Still, I believe in the people behind the scenes, and hope these posts prompt others to learn more about the work it does. And if they're not satisfied, a refund is very easy to obtain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)