AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about recovery from Sciatic nerve surgery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwinga
Posted 1/11/2015 05:28 (#4302920 - in reply to #4298501)
Subject: RE: Questions about recovery from Sciatic nerve surgery?

South Ga
I had surgery on a herniated disc pressing on my sciatic nerve in September. Doc said no lifting or work for 6 weeks, just walking. I felt like I could go back after 3 weeks but decided to do as he said. Once I went back I realized he was right as it took a while to get back to 100%. I'm fine now.
I started have an annoying pain in early spring mostly when spreading fertilizer. I decided to tough it out as long as possible to get through the busy season. I made it until around the first part of July. Over the course of about 4 days it went from an annoying pain to me not being able to sit up or drive. I pretty much either laid down or sat laid back in a recliner from early July until September 16 when I had surgery. I have had back pain since I was 13 this was the second time I had surgery. The first time was in 2000. I hope not to do it again so I followed docs instructions to the letter. He sai to leave the heavy lifting to the young guys from now on and I plan on doing just that.
Right now though my back is the best it's been in a long time. I could tell it was better when I awoke from surgery. I hope I'm never stuck in the house for four months again. I am very good at movie trivia now though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)