AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

falling out of love with farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OldIdea
Posted 1/7/2015 21:07 (#4295679 - in reply to #4294681)
Subject: RE: falling out of love with farming

If you move to the city you'll be fine until spring. Then you'll see equipment in the field on the weekend when you leave town for something, that Monday will be the longest day at work ever. Believe me. I work off farm. No livestock, but the worst day of farming is still better than the best day at work.

Kinda sounds like the cows need to go. That or find some more help. You could still finish out some cattle. I know guys that feed out 50+ head a year. Normal chores take them about 15 minutes in the morning and evening. Let me guess, you are doing a lot of things old school because FIL thinks most modern technology is unnecessary. Life was a lot different for that generation. My dad worked long hours. When he came in he was greeted with a smile, a warm home cooked meal, a cold beer, and an empty recliner with a remote on the arm. If I was out of the house as much as he was I'd be given divorce papers. Not saying I want to be gone more, I just know that's how it would be.

I get where you're coming from, but don't burn any bridges you might want go back across.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)