AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this wide spread?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 8/6/2008 09:00 (#429433)
Subject: Is this wide spread?

SWOH
It seems like a majority of the bean fields around here look like they never got sprayed post once or got sprayed early once and then didn't get hit again. There is huge marestil, foxtail, and ragweed all over the place. And I know around here at least that a lot of the fields belong to good educated farmers and I know they all use RR beans. So what's the deal? I'd ask a few of them what happened but I don't want to offend any of them. Is it pretty much the same all over? I know we hit some stuff where the marestail and ragweed were bigger than when we usually try to get them and some of the marestail came back but overall we have pretty clean fields with a few exceptions of some grass in the spots that were drowned out and replanted late. But I see several fields that you can't hardly see the beans in places. If you payed for the technology, why not use it? I've also seen a couple fields of conventional beans that are spotless and the beans look better than most RR fields. I drove through eastern Indiana on I-70 a few weeks ago and a lot of those fields are a mess too so I know it's not just around here. Is it a weather issue or a Roundup issue? I also see a lot of volunteer corn in the beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)