AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zombie Oil projects..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 12/28/2014 20:28 (#4271126 - in reply to #4270201)
Subject: RE: Technology can not change Geology.

Red River Valley
Jon the first article is a total peak oil article and if you by into that theory than it's all good - but I think we can pretty much but that baby to sleep for a while -- or not

the second article is a better view of the situation - as it talks about the issues and then explains how the companies are using technology to fight these issues, Kind of backs up my statement that in the long run technology wins.

I guess we will disagree - You seem to believe in Peak Oil and the fact that we are on the road to a doomsday future.

I believe that technology will keep making Oil available until we no longer need it because technology has made it useless.

lastly the second article show decline rates of between 2-10 percent which would be much more in line with the reality of the Bakken and the findings of the people I know who have well interest out there.

A 10% decline rate the first year is close than 2% after that has been about where they say it seems to go. after 5-6 years they go back in and refrack the well and it bounces back up to first levels.

btw owning refracking rigs has and will continue to be a profitable business IMO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)