AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dry spreader controller ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Whitefield
Posted 9/8/2006 11:40 (#42268 - in reply to #42228)
Subject: Re: Dry spreader controller ?

Henry, Illinois
Boy, you guys got me all excited thinking maybe I can do this without breaking the bank. The 450 controller was new this spring, so maybe I can get a good deal trading it it for a 660. But if the 450 will work- I might as well use it. I only plan on spreading limestone, so once the constants are figured out, I'll have it made. I already have the shaft sensor for the conveyor speed imput, I already have the radar for ground speed, the orbit motor to run the conveyor and the spinner motors. I also have a servo valve that I can't get to work. The valve turns freely, but after much testing we determined that the little printed circuit board inside there is bad- & will only convince the motor to run 1 direction instead of two. Were can I get this curcuit board?? I have the number off of it. Or maybe I should just get a new servo $$$$. I also already have the flow control valve for the spinners and it also appears to be functional. What do I do about a harness to get the 450 to run all this? Is this a little scary, yeah, but I can't learn new stuff without doing something I don't completely understand... Another thing, I need a pump, I heard that about 35GPM is required, does that sound about right? Thanks for all your advice guys. No doubt I'll need more.

Josh

Edited by Whitefield 9/8/2006 11:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)