AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who's putting lots of hours on skidloaders?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 11/30/2014 10:10 (#4210301 - in reply to #4210161)
Subject: RE: who's putting lots of hours on skidloaders?

Buffalo IL
I don't own a skid steer and really haven't ran one since college. I would LOVE to have one, but just can't justify the cost for the limited purpose of them. I have always bought utility tractors because they have a hitch and a 3 point and you can drive them to different locations and use them for other things such as mowing, raking, baling, etc.. I have a Kubota now and the turning is so much superior in tight places vs an IH, case, or deere front wheel drive tractor. I had JX 95 and have a neighbor who has a JX 80and we always joked and called them super steer being silly because it took forty acres to turn them. I'm not sure about long term durability of the Kubota, but I believe it is better than the CaseIH 885 I have that I've put 3500 hours on in 20 years over hauled twice, put in two clutches, rebuilt two speed, rebuilt 3pt lift cylinder, etc and I have put 1100 hours on the Kubota in 28 months. The motor is extremely quiet and I have an air ride seat and a CAB. The deere and caseIh utility tractors are loud. A utility can also go through mud, too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)