AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking CRP out 1 more time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 11/30/2014 07:49 (#4210035 - in reply to #4208374)
Subject: RE: Taking CRP out 1 more time

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i cant believe no one has said it, but what about teh covercrops? i have bought lots of crp and there is no perfect way of doing it as most of the land that was put in was not the top producers and had erosion probs, and then stumps, then mounds. only way to really fix them without destroying soil structure is sweeps and pickers in my opinion. the last crp i bought i knew a year before it was coming out, i poured on the lime and gypsum, lots of colliodal p and then on oct 1 i pulled a 7.5 in no till drill with just rye, radishes and turnips into it. no fall roundup, but hit it hard with roundup and pre in spring on first good warm day in late march. not sure if it was the perfect way, but the rye did more for me then pulling the vt 5 times. everyone said nothing would grow, but they were wrong. that small grain root system does alot to the top two inches of the soil, the soil being sliced open every 7 inches was the only tillage. fyi i do corn if you can and treat for the unknown bugs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)