AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1/16 th interest in farmland
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/28/2014 08:06 (#4206472 - in reply to #4206423)
Subject: RE: 1/16 th interest in farmland

southern MN
After dad died, I sorted through the stuff and there was a bank cd in my name guess it was from when I was a teenager, through grandma I believe.

Bank kinda said well that was part of the estate why am I bringing it in separate, I said well actually looks like it is mine not dads I'm curious what has been going on?

They looked their records over and I could tell they looked a little nervous the next day, as they cashed it out for me and were -very- helpful.

I wasn't concerned over the details and past on it, but anyhow stuff can get itself grandfathered in and slipped through the cracks and all such.

With a 1/16th share, the siblings mentioned might not even be in control of the property either, there are others out there with shares.....

It is entirely possible the estate was never closed/ distributed and the estate/ rep is paying the taxes as a single entity still.

My sister passed away in 2008, there is a property still not settled out from that, someone is paying the property taxes the county is happy when it gets the check, they don't care who owns it or not....

Many possibilities. Very many possibilities.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)