AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the most simple way top do farm record keeping on computer ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/28/2014 00:20 (#4206193 - in reply to #4202816)
Subject: RE: What's the most simple way top do farm record keeping on computer ?

West Union, Illinois

John..neAR - It's on an xp computer and I don't know if it would work on win8 or not.
My experience with Quicken over the last 20 years is when you change computers and get a new operating system, get the latest version of Quicken and import your data.  Quicken has always has a slightly different way of handling printers and things, and there have been problems from time to time.  

My biggest problem was when I went to xP.  The version I was using worked perfectly until I tried to print reports, then failed to print.  Of course this was the Friday night before my tax appointment Monday.  Having said that, I currently use the version I had on my xP machine on a new Windows 7 computer.  I bought the last W7 box I found in the area and all my xP software moved easily and world flawlessly.

One small problem I have had, and it probably is easily fixable if I'd look into it, is having a checkbook totally unrelated to my business or personal finance.  I am Sec/Treas for a little cemetery, and tracking the cemetery checkbook got mixed up with my others. I finally deleted everything about the cemetery and put it on a different computer. I had an old MS Money disk around from a long gone computer and do the cemetery books on an old laptop. Every time I work with it I am reminded how much easier Quicken is ... but that could just be familiarity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)