AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I will never understand the logic behind this sign
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

The_Owl
Posted 11/22/2014 12:47 (#4194189 - in reply to #4194084)
Subject: RE: I will never understand the logic behind this sign

Watford City, ND

MrHaney - 11/22/2014 11:35

Who is the intended audience for this message?

What behavior is it intended to encourage or prevent?

What change in behavior actually takes place because of this sign?

Does anyone actually believe that this sign prevents ALL firearms from EVER coming past this point?

The intended message is for the people walking past the sign and into whatever door/gate/property that they are entering.

The behavior its intending to modify is that its clearly making known the rules of the establishment that's in charge of wherever the sign is posted.  It may serve as a reminder to legal CC permit holders that regardless of having a permit, its not allowed "here."

What changes in behavior actually take place?  I don't know.  That would be a difficult answer to come up with.

Do I believe the sign prevents ALL firearms from EVER coming past a point?  Realistically, no.  But I do think it lowers the instances.  

Question for you, the OP - how do you feel about speed limit signs?  Who is the intended audience for these signs?  What behavior is it intended to encourage or prevent?  What change in behavior actually takes place because of speed limit signs?  Do you actually believe that this sign prevents ALL drivers from EVER speeding?  Only people without drivers licenses break the law, right?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)