AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the gross dollar feeder-i know-turned down cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Fenceman
Posted 11/19/2014 17:24 (#4188577 - in reply to #4188431)
Subject: RE: the gross dollar feeder-i know-turned down cattle

NE
Gary, care to share what he/she thought was too high on the 600# steers? I just had a gentleman walk through mine this afternoon to buy privately off the farm as he has last several years. Really difficult for me to price, sale barn prices are so widely variable, he does not want to buy sale barn calves, mine probably will average 650 -680#? I like private sales as well, I know my sale price, no surprises from sale barn, no sorting, no commission. So to be fair I usually offer 2% pencil shrink and off feed night before load out? I have some replacement heifers in there as well I have all worked up and bangs Vacc'd to keep......he's wanting them also. Having difficult time pricing a fair premium on those as well? I want to be fair to him yet can't afford to leave much $ on table either? They are all pre conditioned, weaned 3 weeks mostly blk/BWF angus/Hereford calves, healthy and calm. What's fair market price for them today off farm?

I mentioned I might sell my small fall herd as pairs, he asked how much? Afraid to price them too as he may say yes? 17 hd good middle aged cows with 250# calves on them all worked up once, (Cut as well). I use to do ET's don't anymore so kind of a pain running spring & fall herds, so thinking of selling falls. Probably doing it backwards, should keep falls and expand and sell springs instead but I'm too dumb to do that.
Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)