AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 9/6/2006 07:58 (#41781 - in reply to #41656)
Subject: Can not arrgue with your logic, but can discuss them

Little River, TX

FlyLow.
First it is a lot more fun to fly low, rather than up above the clouds. Good choice of a handle.

As to organic you said exactly what I have been saying, but in a more understandable way. The Organic people are now up in arms over the BTO organic growers, filling the chain groceries with certified organic foods. The early organic advocates did a good of job selling. Just as many years ago Popping Johnny did a good sales job and now you have to beg to buy one from the dealer. They got the government to codify the rules for organic and are unhappy because it is being done on a large scale.

As alluded to in the thread, water is not wasted on bermudagrass because it will pay much better than any program crop. I have noticed many who irrigate bermudagrass expect water to take the place of a good fertility program. A good fertility program and water is a great way to fly. Unfortunately here I am dry land, but still grow 5 tons/A of bermudagrass hay, in a drought year.

I expect the reason for the LP fired hot water heater, that is probably a hold over from when Texas had a surplus of LP and was looking for a market. If solar heaters were built in Texas then maybe they would be subsidized by the state. Much like many states are now doing with ethanol, local moon shine. Who needs a solar water heater, all we have to do is expose 20 feet of water pipe and we will have hot water till midnight. Well maybe more than 20 feet. Neighbor uses 300 ft of garden hose to heat the water in his swimming pool.

If you use I-35 for your travels, drop by on your way coming of going. Going south get off at the 304 mile exit and take the loop east of Temple, Then TX 95 down to I-10, and avoid Austin and San Antonio.

BTW it rained Sunday night so I may get another cutting of hay.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)