AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NDE verticle mixer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cowfeeder
Posted 11/4/2014 07:21 (#4159760 - in reply to #4159172)
Subject: RE: NDE verticle mixer

Northwest Iowa
If you can reach high enough to load it, you will like it. Have had 2 NDE wagons for over 8 years and really like it. Very trouble free and simple wagon to work on. Our first wagon mixed right at 20 million pounds of feed before we traded it and it was still on the first set of knives. At about 15 million pounds, we had to replace the unloading chain. That is all we ever fixed on it other than the 3 or 4 flat tires we had. They do not take a lot of horse power to run compared to the others I tried. I run it with a 4440. The tandems will help with tire life, but no, very few verticals like mud. That machine has an oversized under carridge for its size. They use the same base to build that size and I think 2 sizes larger. Parts are easily gotten from their Sioux Falls SD location and they are very helpful people. Edit: the kicker plate at the base of the screw costs about $45 and it needs replacing about every 5 million pounds. 3 bolts and its changed. We are dairy, so it is a high forage diet of dry hay and corn silage based ration.

Edited by cowfeeder 11/4/2014 07:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)