AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running with runningihred
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

runningihred
Posted 11/2/2014 22:18 (#4157836 - in reply to #4157787)
Subject: RE: Running with runningihred

west central iowa
Running the batwing mower really works good for saving your rake teeth. We run an older bushhog 2650(I think that's the model) 20 ft. wide. And pull a 14 wheel h&s rake. Can run as fast as you can sit in the seat. That happens to be 9-10 miles per hour. This whole set up requires 4 remotes on your tractor. With cutting your stalks and then raking right behind into a windrow, we are averaging 4-4.5 bales per acre in 200+ bushel corn. Kevin and I ran for 13hrs. between sat. and sunday and did about 810 bales total. I know some guys can do it faster but that's not a goal of mine. I hate baling period because of the grief the net wrap gives you going into places on the baler it don't belong. So I two times per day is cutting the $hit out with a sharp knive. Not a big deal yes, but I have asmaha and alergeric to lots of dust. I've had it my whole life. So I dread cutting net wrap out. A good day for me baling isn't the bale count, but more like NOT having to work on baler and keeping the cab door shut and just baling. Well anyway it's a good start and we got one more day of combining corn tommorrow and then the rain comes. The plan is to make about 2000 or what the baler wants to crank. Time will tell.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)