AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PlasmaCAM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

F_armer
Posted 10/28/2014 18:03 (#4149171 - in reply to #4148786)
Subject: RE: PlasmaCAM

WC Saskatchewan
He has a different gantry now prices might have gone up a bit, bought mine in dec of last year.
his new system is supposed to be better yet, more rigid gantry or something.
the dryer has a ball valve drain on the bottom, the moisture collects on the pellets, then must drain down over time. I always drain it before I cut anything, and there is quite a bit of moisture blows out at first.
the pellets are large, kinda like water softner salt pellets. I had very short lifespan on my nozzles at the start, and I felt I didnt have too bad of moisture problem, but after adding the dryer, my consumable life increased probably 10 fold.
I got the dryer at princessauto.com its kind of a canadian harbor freight. It was $100 and the dessicant was around $60
I see harbor freight has a refrigerated dryer for $400. That would be the best I think.
My tank is for draining to clean the table (I havent cleaned it yet) but I also drain the water if im not using it for a long period of time. It cuts down on evaporation, and having to top it up.
I have a hypertherm powermax 45. If you check around almost everyone recommends a hypertherm. It will only pierce up to 1/2" I think, or maybe its 3/8"? But will edge start up to 1", ive never tried cutting that thick yet.
I also bought a machine torch, so I have both, if I want to hand cut I can just unplug from the table and go. It is around $700 for the machine torch, but kinda worth it. For the versatility.
if your thinking of cutting heavy stuff a powermax 65, or 85 would be better, but alot more $$. So far I have never needed the extra amps.
You can email me, it is in my profile
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)