AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PlasmaCAM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KnowAFarmer
Posted 10/26/2014 14:14 (#4145748 - in reply to #4145149)
Subject: RE: PlasmaCAM

SE Nebraska
Very interesting. Looks like that one is built better with the cable tray on the side versus the arm that PlasmaCAM uses. Also looks like the table is built heavier, and the water table is something that PC doesn't offer.

How is the software for the bulltear machine to work with? The PC demo makes it look pretty easy to import and edit and make the cut lines. Is theirs comparable? I haven't gotten much into CAD/CAM but am great with computers otherwise.

From their site it looks like the water table is standard and all you need to supply is the PC and the plasma cutter. Do you need anything special for either of these? PC uses a parallel port for the connection to the table, what does the bulltear use?

Their site is kind of weird. If you click the big pic of the plasma it takes you to plasmaland, but if you go to the store at the top, you get a different table. The plasmaland one comes with the PC but doesn't have the water table, but the store one shows the water table and no PC. They both show the same price.

I thought the PlasmaCAM seemed a little expensive for the table size and how it is built, but I guess they must be the ones that spend more on advertising.
I'll check out the forums you mentioned before I purchase anything.

Thanks for the info.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)