AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where's the Corn Guys?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 10/25/2014 08:59 (#4144215 - in reply to #4143606)
Subject: RE:Double ears, double ears, I'd almost forgot that whole episode.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
That's right, remember the bears bashed us with the threat of double ears for at least a month with pictures and all.. Now's the chance to get some hard data on double ears. Would some of you folks with double ears do a actual estimate of the the grain from double ears and weigh them or do a kernel count.

By the way KC, the 4 billion bushel Chinese corn stockpile, 4 billion bushel divided by 1.2 billion people is 3.3 bushel per person, whereas for the US 2 billion bushel divided by 315 million is 6.45 bushel per person. To put that into perspective. 3.3 bushel or 185 lb is equivalent to 62 days feed for a market hog or 60% of the 100 days on feed (not counting the feed cost of maintaining the breeding herd) or 7 broilers. I don't know but if the typical Chinese family eats a couple of chickens per week? then you provided them with about 3-4 weeks of chicken per year.
If I was a Chinese bureaucrat tasked with maintaining domestic tranquility I'm not sure I would consider a mere 100 million metric tons enough.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)