AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Get rid of the beans"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

roarintiger1
Posted 10/13/2014 08:05 (#4123238 - in reply to #4123170)
Subject: RE: "Get rid of the beans"

NW Ohio
vailcat - 10/13/2014 07:32

I had talked with elevator they said last spring when harvest bids for freight were being made that they start with bean harvest because that is the big deal going to china. Expect it to be good until January when the Chinese start getting Brazil beans. Of course at that time that's when basis for wheat is already on board at +35 from where we are today.

I think those who have planned ahead in merchandising world are sitting just like old days right now. The nodak area was tough last year but seems very good this year. Now we read about guys in Nebraska having transport is and I'm thinking it's because they thought the train issues were only in the north and were not as proactive addressing it. This is only my hunch. I think the rail and merchandiser get very good grades thus far. There will be bumps ahead I'm sure but we all have gotten our chances.
If you ere to go to open market today shuttles are 5500. However she. They started auctions this spring they wee 800 which is where my local joint booked fall for. They are booked for 700 this spring. Looks like the proactive planning paid off is say.

Corn there is just too much up here and too few users. Maybe market is telling us to grow wheat and beans as their basis levels are as good if not better than past years.

Your last two sentences certainly tells the story...................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)