AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about long corn funds position?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/13/2014 07:24 (#4123152 - in reply to #4123038)
Subject: RE: Question about long corn funds position?

Buxton ND
The COT report does have non-commerical spread trade numbers. Right now there's
169k corn
133k beans
So they are fairly big numbers but JSC is right there no way to tell if its inter month spreads with in the corn or beans or inter market spreads like selling beans/buying corn.

Some days there's big volumes of spread trades that do not show up on intra day volumes, The poster "Tink" helped me figure out this about a year or so ago after he called the CME group. Some days,even,evening opening there are very heavy spread trades,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like 5-10k volumes spread trade. There's only so many traders that CAN trade that kind of numbers in a flash. My hunch is,,,this swap dealers trading with commercials on OTC = Over the counter trade but there's NO WAY to prove or dis-prove this................... UNLESS JNL or someone else has some tricks they've learned............

Then the CME group changed their format on the daily OI and Volumes report with in the last year where OTC trade and pit volumes are all lumped together. Every great once in awhile pit volumes would SPIKE,,,,,,,,,so someone WANTED to be SEEN in "THE PITS" either buying or selling...............

BTW "TINK" I invite you back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)