AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well after yesterday "hope is over"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

t_pete
Posted 10/12/2014 18:30 (#4122192 - in reply to #4121635)
Subject: RE: Well after yesterday "hope is over"

central nebraska
Well said! I have enjoyed the luxuries of auto steer and row shutoffs recently, but only because I have picked up some custom planting acres.

Unfortunately, I'm the youngest of 5 on a small farm. I love what I do, and now manage the place, but am not in line for the "works" since everything will and should be split evenly. My COP is WAY different then someone that owns ANY land at the moment. Be thankful for what you have, what you were/are gifted, and make smart investments going forward. Please stop making blanket statements about who should and shouldn't, or who could and couldn't farm, because it makes a person look idiotic. We all are trying to survive and THRIVE and be fiscally responsible.

Just because your dad or granddad did well doesn't make a person better. How is your operation financially today, and are you the one signing checks? Not pointing fingers, just ranting a bit. I have been doing financial statements for myself and "bto's" in my area for awhile, and would not have a chance in hell of competing in rents for the next 2 years. Having said that, growing up I never thought of our operation as a million dollar enterprise, and looking through our small town community (besides farmers) you don't see many. Be Thankful we can all do what we love and grow wealth(if we are smart enough) at the same time
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)