AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting ready for $6.75 beans-----------2015
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

190xt
Posted 10/12/2014 11:58 (#4121634 - in reply to #4121480)
Subject: RE: What was 2012 - if not a drought

Southern Indiana

Tara Farms - 10/12/2014 10:19 2013 crop was below trend ( I know MT told us that trend was down ) so NO it was not a big crop Talk about how great the weather was in 2014 ?? really go read post from this spring and summer up until August ? Not sure odds favor  anything in 2015 yet what I am certain of is that PEAK corn was a pipedream and trend line yields have been working for a 100 years and the trend is UP

2013 was a monster year for corn, over 13.5 billion bu? Trend yield matter not, all that matters is total production, and I'm pretty sure corn dropped a few bucks due to the big crop. 2014 has been a monster year for corn as well, the best growing season ever for corn. Beans are going to set a record as well. There will always be people that have droughts, freezes, too much water, mold, etc. That doesn't mean that the growing season as a whole wasn't great.  We did all this on crappy weather? There will never be a perfect growing season, ever. As far as trend goes, what has happened the last 2 times we beat the trend? It was followed by a few ho hum years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)