AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How'd You Guys Enjoy your Dollar rally Pow-wow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/9/2014 11:46 (#4116976 - in reply to #4116884)
Subject: Shedlock

Pittsburg, Kansas

This is the first article of his listed in the link you provided and the one I assume you meant.

Shedlock has a good head on his shoulders.

What I'm uncertain of, is if the large banking institutions really don't "get it", as Mish suggests in his articles, or if they really have "got it" all along. and are only trying to come up with good enough stories to keep the public believing that the banking system still has the public's best interest.

What I believe, at the upper levels of the banking system at least, is that the banks understand all too well what they are doing is useless. But it is their way of making a living. It is their way of controlling huge amounts of power. It is their way of controlling nations and leaders of nations. And they don't want to give up all those things by admitting that what they have been doing has been to keep the banking system status quo intact rather than trying to help the economy or the public. It has all been about saving the banking system, not about the economy.

Of course the banks are going to have a "banking solution" to fix the problem. They don't want higher rates that encourage saving. They don't make much money off people saving and using real capitol. Banks make money from inventing capitol via fractional reserve and loaning money out that they get to create out of nothing. That is their sthichk. Of course their "solution" is going to be one of their contriving. Of course their solution is going to involve people and countries borrowing more money rather than not needing to borrow more money.

Like the scorpion and frog story, it is in their nature. The scorpion is not going to change its nature.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)