AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey guys, remember when...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ih smoke
Posted 10/9/2014 09:51 (#4116855 - in reply to #4116188)
Subject: RE: Hey guys, remember when...

milofarmer1 - 10/8/2014 21:59

I remember when I sold wheat for $2.90 about 14 years ago. Just getting started farming. Good old days.
I remember selling wheat for about $3, corn for $2 and beans $6. I think I made more money then. Landlords wern't expecting a kings ransom for their ground, inputs were relatively cheap, and every farmer in the county wasn't running around willing to backstab their neighbor over a 10 acre patch. When I started in the early 90's, I dreamed of the day we'd get $7 for corn and $13 for beans, but in all reality when I look at the big picture, it's the worst thing that ever happened. It's created a "new order" in farming that I hate, everybody is against each other now, people have spent money recklessly and leveraged things they never should have. I'll probably get berated for saying this but I feel it to be true. Used to be if you had a bad year you'd fall, but it was a fall you could recover from. There is just too much money involved now. Some of the things I've seen go on all in the name of getting bigger and getting ahead sicken me. Rant over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)