AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two row peanut combine comparison and preference with pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bigred1066
Posted 10/4/2014 21:43 (#4109704 - in reply to #4107410)
Subject: RE: Two row peanut combine comparison and preference with pictures

#7- yea #8- I didnt use picker last year. I was told that something legal was going on with the company that had them tied up. You cant tell something might change after while #9- I havent done anything Used shields are gonna be rusted out as thin as they were and from being in the weather #10-Dont really know......do remember the pitch about the cleaner sample #11- I think it would be possible, I havent looked that close at it in a while. As far as doing it this day and time I would think it wouldnt be worth it. #12-Yea it was a 4-row, just a big ole two row...1st generation 4 row. Used a lot of the same parts as the 5000. I dont think they made but 50 and we ran 2 of them. #13-just for the possibility of getting parts. They probaly are no longer available knowing the way things are this day and time but the company is still here. #14- no not really. bearings are gonna wear out over time. track last a good while #15-probably the biggest disadvantage is when it jumps off it can be very confusing for someone to put it back on #16-Its been about 4 or 5 years and it was limited. it was neighbors machine #17- I would say back in late 80's and 90's hustler held its own. Around us their was a lot 1500's, hi-caps, and hustlers and they would go to field before the hi-caps. Kmc came to the dance a little later but I do remember hearing that they took i think a couple of hustlers and sorta copied them. The hi-cap was not as aggresive and you could control the cylinder speed #18- I have never been around them. I did look at 4-row a few years ago and found out they did have a good reputation. All the bearings and gears and saw blades they have on them looked like it would cost a lot to keep them up. #19 I know the hi-cap were not agressive. I dont think the kmc or hobbs would be. Conditions play a major part also, plus knowing how to set machine #20 Hustlers main cylinder was huge and loaded with teeth plus pnut conditions has a lot to do with it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)