AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two row peanut combine comparison and preference with pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DeutzTractorMan
Posted 10/3/2014 15:29 (#4107410 - in reply to #4106765)
Subject: RE: Two row peanut combine comparison and preference with pictures

Thanks for your time and knowledge of wisdom you have shared in great detail on these 2 row pickers. I greatly appreciate you doing so as I am trying to learn pros and cons about these older 2 row machines and which one would be the best one to try to find and buy. I do not need one that is more classified as junk and a headache that I would have to work on more than run when peanuts are ready to pick. On the other hand, that is another story as well with short supply of any 2 row make and model picker. Which is probably about to get to he point of being impossible to find a good one in field ready condition (cause a lot of good older machines have been shipped to other countries or sold for scrap) or put back to working condition with minimal repair work and parts cost

In a previous post you stated ……"KMC 2 row- This would be the picker I would be leaning to today. I dont know about parts availability but I would think that would be the best chance to get parts. They dont have the track in the heads or the twist belt which is a big advantage."
#13 What would be your main reason for leaning toward finding a KMC today ??

I can see where this track in the header on Hustler and Lilliston could also be a headache.  #14 In your years of operating these machines was the track roller system in header a big problem?

#15 What is the disadvantage drawback of the twist belt on the HUSTLER ?

I have come to find out as I find pickers both …. (KMC and Hobbs / Amadas which the manufacture is still in business )…… that need work some items are not available due to its age and if part could be available but on back order production or special made the cost is very unfeasible to justify.

I have heard many times HUSTLER was the leader back in their day and would do a combination of pick earlier, faster and clean better than the KMC. #16 Have you run or worked on the 2 row KMC over the years?
#17 Would this be a fact or fiction statement ?

The Hobbs Amadas 8557 I been told would pick green with no problem ( like the Hustler very aggressive) and faster than the 2 row KMC but would not clean as well.
#18 Have you seen many or had any experience with Hobbs 525 or Hobbs / Amadas Magnum 8557 ?

In regard to the Hustler shreading vines and shelling  dry peanuts.  #19 Would not this also  be true for any other make and model of peanut combine?   or  

#20 Is it a particular design of the threshing system that causes this as opposed to other makes and models threshing system not shreading and shelling?

Thanks again for your time and  help of peanut combine knowledge.

Edited by DeutzTractorMan 10/3/2014 15:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)