AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AMS Top dress side by sdies...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 10/2/2014 16:07 (#4105306 - in reply to #4104667)
Subject: RE: AMS Top dress side by sdies...

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
just because it is uniform and dense does not mean it was ams. i encourage testing, but what upsets me is fertilizer dealers selling this product on the market that tests out at 21-0-0-24 and called ams but not ams. i have ran into alot of it this year, its not a local thing that your fert dealer is doing they are getting screwed also and dont know they are doing it to the customer. I can and hope i am wrong. i spent alot of time up there this spring and i dont care how good your soil is but when a 12 inch rain gauge would not cover teh week on my farm this spring i will say that you may have lost alot of nitrogen and the yeild response could have been from teh nitrogen. you guys got alot of rain. remember the guys from texas on ag talk complaining about the drought and you guys complaining about the rain. we dont need to argue about anything, I need to apologise for assuming it might not be true ams, wish you had a sample of it, would like to test it if you did. would like to encourage you to keep the testing, yes the real ams later with other forms early and lat late would be better yet, but whatever you can do works. as for telling a hog farmer hog manure is not good, i will say instead its just not as good as chicken manure, is that better, i wil be careful to not insult the piggy poop. I like it but in moderation, I am still trying to find the moderation part. I dont want it on my ground just because it has more potassium then phosphate, that is just my opinion. I run into farmers who are putting on enough hog manure to supply all the nitrogen for their corn and that is where the trouble really is. I am glad your not one of them. Keep up the good work, be careful what you say about your manure applications on here and keep up the good work. if you wonder why i say watch what you say about manure application on here just go in and ask your current manure regulation people if they will guarentee you will pass a inspection from the epa, after you get that answer you will see why we say speak with caution.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)