AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Could you have been this empathetic? I would hope I could.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 9/29/2014 09:57 (#4099229)
Subject: Could you have been this empathetic? I would hope I could.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

A couple in Cedar Rapids left a huge tip for poor service. But the circumstances were different from what might have been expected. Could you see thru the issue to the reason, and do what this couple did? 

Recently our d-i-l, who works at a local bbq restaurant, had a similar incident. They were very busy and a bit shorthanded. A lady at one of her tables ordered a salad before her meal instead of with. The lady didn't get her salad, with apology, until her entree was served, but didn't say much about it. When she went to pay for the meal, our d-i-l cashed her out and the lady asked whose fault it was that the salad was late.....waitress or kitchen? D-i-l told her the truth, it was her fault, she was simply covered up and didn't get it out when she should have. The lady handed her a $20 tip and said "don't let it happen again". I have no doubt that the tip was more for fessing up than anything else. 

Here's the link to the Cedar Rapids story. 

http://whotv.com/2014/09/29/iowa-couple-leaves-huge-tip-for-terrible-service-goes-viral/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)