AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol running cattle feeders out of business.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/28/2014 09:43 (#4097406 - in reply to #4097161)
Subject: RE: Ethanol on balance a very good thing

Driftless SW Wisconsin

footballjdtractor - 9/28/2014 07:04 Jim I agree with you sort of. I think ethanol would be a good thing if it wasn't so heavily subsided by the government. With the blend law a certain percentage of our gas must be ethanol. That's creates unfair demand for their product. By those same standards government would have to pass a law requiring 4 ounces of beef must be consumed by individuals per day. If the e plants can make a buck turning corn into gasoline I'm fine with that but all of us users of corn should have to play by the same supply demand rules.

Do you really think the oil companies would include ethanol if there was not a blend law?  They are oil companies and want  to sell oil, not a corn based ethanol. There is some chemistry involved also.

Sometimes there is a reason for government to kickstart something.  The government actually kickstarted oil production many years ago...unfortunately those kickstart boosts did not go away when not really needed anymore.

And for those that constantly complain about our government, I think they need to spend a few weeks in Ukraine or many other countries around the world... but that is another topic.

Jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)