AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jumping in during the high
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BULLGUY
Posted 9/25/2014 17:24 (#4093491 - in reply to #4093458)
Subject: RE: Jumping in during the high

If I was a young guy, likes farming, likes livestock, I'd be buy'n myself a set of good bred heifers or young cows.

From a breeder that has a reputation of selling same. This guy will answer the phone when your in trouble, will guarantee what he sells, will help you out when you have a situation.

Maybe 2500-2800 for a good set, her residual value is worth 1/2, she'll produce a 15-1700 $$$ calf a year.

At my place, it costs $800 to keep a cow, many are less, the arithmetic is workable, present this business plan to your banker, he may want to invest too!

Not going away where we are at, anytime soon, the North American cowherd is owned by old guys, as me, us old guys are not expanding, in fact at current prices, many are clip'n the coupon.

I talked to a reliable source just the other day, many of the 'old guys' are sending calves to market, cows to, not even preg checking.

The experts are admitting, at a time when prices are at record levels, and herd rebuilding should be evident, it is the opposite, guys are selling heifers that would normally be bred, they are selling them in the stocker ring, because of price, many guys that had good cows that lost calves at calving, normally kept and rebred, not at these meat cow prices, no one is carrying a cow that has lost a calf, they are cash'n! This adds up, less bred cows for 2015.

Buy cows, each of us that have and intend to endure forward, we admittingly now don't have enough cows, BEST DARN INVESTMENT THERE IS, and Wall Street is trying to figure out how to sell, futures, BRED BEEF COWS?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)